Title: Vowels
Author:
cruisedirector
Rating: R
Summary: Bertie gets used to making lots of noise.
Word Count: 300
Note:
dementordelta came up with the idea for and wrote several of the lines of the last drabble.
(1)
Bertie objected less to singing vowels when his wife went along with it, so Lionel often invited her in. He knew that Bertie would practice more if she prodded, and he suspected that she was a champion at prodding.
One aspect bothered the patient. "It doesn't seem fair that you call my wife 'Your Royal Highness' while I'm always Bertie."
"If she were my patient, I would use her name." Lionel sang through the vowels, considering. "Would she be a Liz or a Bess?"
"She'd say that's not your business."
It made Bertie grin when Lionel chanted a quavering "O."
(2)
Bertie knew how ill Elizabeth still felt when she couldn't hold the long E.
"You'll have to sing vowels without me," she croaked, covering her mouth to cough again.
"I hate it," he told her. "It was awful being at Sandringham trying to practice without you."
"I'm glad you missed me." Despite her pallor, she smiled. "Don't skip your appointment. Have Doctor Logue do the vowels with you."
"I've already told the driver that I'm going." Bertie grinned for her. "But there are some exercises he can't do with me."
Elizabeth's laugh was weak but animated. "You might be surprised."
(3)
"You promised you'd do your exercises, after."
Bertie stretched lazily, knocking a pillow off the bed. "Aaaaaaaaaahhhhhh," he sang.
Grinning, Lionel nodded. "And Eeeeeeeeee?"
"Eeeeeeeeee for everything you give meeeeeeeee..."
With a helpless laugh, Lionel kissed his chin. "And Iiiiiiiiiiiiiii?"
"Iiiiiiiiiiiiiii still haven't caught my breath for the rest of the vowels."
Still chuckling, Lionel sang along. "Ohhhhhhhh yes you have."
"Ohhhhhhhh no I haven't!"
"Youuuuuuuu are being naughty." Leaning across Bertie to retrieve the pillow, Lionel thwapped him with it.
"Youuuuuuuu..." Bertie was laughing too hard to hold the note. "...make me want to do different sorts of exercises."
Author:
Rating: R
Summary: Bertie gets used to making lots of noise.
Word Count: 300
Note:
(1)
Bertie objected less to singing vowels when his wife went along with it, so Lionel often invited her in. He knew that Bertie would practice more if she prodded, and he suspected that she was a champion at prodding.
One aspect bothered the patient. "It doesn't seem fair that you call my wife 'Your Royal Highness' while I'm always Bertie."
"If she were my patient, I would use her name." Lionel sang through the vowels, considering. "Would she be a Liz or a Bess?"
"She'd say that's not your business."
It made Bertie grin when Lionel chanted a quavering "O."
(2)
Bertie knew how ill Elizabeth still felt when she couldn't hold the long E.
"You'll have to sing vowels without me," she croaked, covering her mouth to cough again.
"I hate it," he told her. "It was awful being at Sandringham trying to practice without you."
"I'm glad you missed me." Despite her pallor, she smiled. "Don't skip your appointment. Have Doctor Logue do the vowels with you."
"I've already told the driver that I'm going." Bertie grinned for her. "But there are some exercises he can't do with me."
Elizabeth's laugh was weak but animated. "You might be surprised."
(3)
"You promised you'd do your exercises, after."
Bertie stretched lazily, knocking a pillow off the bed. "Aaaaaaaaaahhhhhh," he sang.
Grinning, Lionel nodded. "And Eeeeeeeeee?"
"Eeeeeeeeee for everything you give meeeeeeeee..."
With a helpless laugh, Lionel kissed his chin. "And Iiiiiiiiiiiiiii?"
"Iiiiiiiiiiiiiii still haven't caught my breath for the rest of the vowels."
Still chuckling, Lionel sang along. "Ohhhhhhhh yes you have."
"Ohhhhhhhh no I haven't!"
"Youuuuuuuu are being naughty." Leaning across Bertie to retrieve the pillow, Lionel thwapped him with it.
"Youuuuuuuu..." Bertie was laughing too hard to hold the note. "...make me want to do different sorts of exercises."
no subject
Date: 2011-05-05 05:31 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2011-05-05 05:50 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2011-05-05 06:37 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2011-05-05 06:40 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2011-05-06 03:39 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2011-05-06 03:50 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2011-05-06 02:03 pm (UTC)Haha! Yes, I think so too. *g*
All of these are wonderful, though my favourite is the last one -- I just love the playfulness. <3
no subject
Date: 2011-05-06 03:53 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2011-05-06 02:53 pm (UTC)I love the Bertie/Elizabeth dynamic.
no subject
Date: 2011-05-06 03:54 pm (UTC)